individually swiss made

History

Of that time to the day after tomorrow

1947
Wilhelm Schmidlin founds the first and so far only steel bathtub factory in Switzerland.

1948
Manufacturing plant built next to the forge.

1961
Significant expansion of the enamelling facility and press shop.

1962
1961Installation of a 630 t deep-drawing press
The bathtubs are drawn seamlessly out of one piece. Schmidlin manages to deep-draw bathtubs of 45 cm depths by an ingenious 3-drawing procedure as first provider worldwide.

1969
Eduard and Margrit Wullschleger-Schmidlin take over management of the family firm.

1974
Commissioning of the first industrial robot for enamel spraying.

1980
Installation of a propane-fired continuous furnace with lightweight construction and commissioning of the new, state-of-the-art enamelling facility.

1982
Switch to the 2-pass deep-drawing process.

1986
Eduard and Margrit Wullschleger-Schmidlin took over the company as owners.

1992
Switch to the 1-pass deep-drawing process.

1997
Opening of the company showroom in Oberarth.

2007
Beat and Urs Wullschleger have run the business since 2007.

2008
Opening of the company engineering laboratory.

2009
Reconstruction and commissioning of a new enamelling facility with state-of-the-art manufacturing technology.

2010
Opening of the new showroom in Oberarth, a space of over 400m².

2011
Urs Wullschleger and Beat Wullschleger take over the company as owners.
Launch of SchmidLEAN, based on the Kaizen philosophy.

 

 

 

2013
Reconstruction and commissioning of the Logistics centre.